was born in southern Belarus in 1953.
From 1976 to1983
he studied at the Repin Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture
in the Academy of Arts, St. Petersburg, in the painting class of
After his graduation
from the Art Academy, he began his period of artistic creativity
which remains uninterrupted to the present day. From 1983 onward,
he became widely known to the Russian public. The Art Museum, Wolgograd,
Russia, acquired for its collection a picture from his first exhibition.
In 1989, the Ministry of Culture acquired his painting At
the Moika River for the permanent exhibition in Moscow. This
picture is one of the first works in the style to which he has remained
faithful for years and in which he is working even today.
of the Artists Union, St. Petersburg
Since 1997 M.
Tschernjavski has been living and working in Germany.
State Bank (Landesbank), Landshut, Germany
Palm Springs, California
J&L Fortak, Berlin
will remain on display until 30th March 2005.